Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inspiration

I was in Royal Oak recently at a pet supply store and saw a simple handwritten flyer. It advertised free help for seniors with limited mobility. This help included walking the dog, cleaning cat litter boxes, taking to vet, ect. On the flyer were simple sweet drawings of a cat and a dog. When I am out of school this semester I would love to get together with other people and offer these services on my side of town. Sometimes all an elderly person has is their pet. If they are overwhelmed they might give up their pet, and we all know how another dog or cat needing a home or being euthanized is the last thing we want. Also heartbreaking, would be to break up a loving relationship of a guardian and companion. Forming a relationship with a senior and their animal companion could also help safeguard neglect and alert the helping hand to a senior needing money for food or vet care. The helper could locate resources like the humane society for help with food, and money discounts or payment plan at a vet. I just found this flyer to be so inspirational that it helped me to come up with this blog.
Peace to all,
TC

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful service that would be! I try to watch out for my neighbors dogs and feel that if everyone would just look out for each other, the world would be a much happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish!! Love this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Patti, spread the word. I would love to hear ideas and feedback from people!

    ReplyDelete